We sponsor and support the efforts of nonprofit organizations active in the areas of health care, education, therapeutic recreation and research benefiting children with special needs and their families. Special needs categories of interest to the Foundation are:
Developmental Disabilities, Medical Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Health Issues.
The programs or projects we fund:
- Will have a significant and continuing impact. We are interested in strategies that effect change.
- Will intervene at the appropriate level. We seek to address the causes of problems effecting differently-abled children rather than to simply ameliorate their symptoms.
- Will offer opportunities for leverage. We seek to amplify our resources by forming partnerships with organizations, other funders, public funding sources and the private sector.
- Will be grounded in our community. An important aspect of our mission is to develop models with potential application elsewhere for these children and young adults while keeping Western New York as the geographic focus of our grant making.
- Will be appropriate in relation to the work of other funders. We seek to support work that complements rather than duplicates the efforts of other foundations.